Friday 10 July 2009

am i?

I was sitting on the edge of the lake, listening to the waves and enjoying the warm breeze when a black car drove up and parked right beside me. Both its windows rolled down and spewed out a rhythmic monotonous musical punch. Then a young man came round and placed a towel and something soft on which to lay his empty skull on the grass, barely two metres away from where I was sitting.

There wasn't a soul for miles. No one to my right. No one to my left. Just a beautiful stretch of grass and beach where you could enjoy the peace. And there was a car park. For the cars. But that was not where he had parked his. I wondered for a while whether I would try and explain my frustration or leave him to wallow in his selfishness. But I couldn't. So I got up, asked him why he hadn't parked his car where everyone else had and why he thought I would enjoy his music?

I then left, and heard a voice say:

"bitch!"