Wednesday 21 January 2009

the woman who can't stop saying sentences (where i like to buy my bracelets)

"They all want that colour my customers. And I tell my distributors that my clients want that colour. But it makes no difference; they send me 2 of this colour and 3 of that colour. Because, you understand, you can't choose. Well they do do favours for me because I've been a client for so long. I was one of their first clients in fact. I've been buying these kettles ever since I opened my shop. Which is almost 10 years ago now. How time flies... Sigh. The pink kettles with poppies. These are the ones everyone wants. Naturally, because they already have their pink cups and saucers. They want to make a set. They don't want to buy a kettle with dots if their cups have poppies painted on them. Do they? And all my clients are the same. They need a set. I won't be asking them for any more kettles though because these ones don't switch off automatically. Which is no good. Imagine an elderly woman - or a man - forgetting their kettle and going out. To the cinema or for some bread. And they come home to a kitchen which has gone on fire. Or worse: their appartment. So I won't be ordering anymore of these kettles to answer your question. No..."